Story of a Girl Project
Visual Epidemiology is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in content management, social media networking, writing and editing for the web, graphic design and partner management for the Story of a Girl Project.
We are looking for someone who is committed and driven to tackle the issue of access to medicines for people living with HIV. The ideal individual will be able to contribute original ideas, approaches, and strategies for the project’s growth (i.e. we are not looking for someone to simply take orders), therefore demonstration of successful, self-initiated, and creative approaches is desired in the application.
The primary goals of the project manager are to drive traffic and build an online audience for the Story of a Girl Project, as well as coordinate partner NGOs working on the project with us. Primary responsibilities include: developing content for use on the project website, managing the project's social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo), developing program curation and strategies, developing blogs and integrating guest blogs, and communicating with global NGOs to ensure their participation in the project. The project manager will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns. The project manager will work closely with web technicians, campaign development, and partners of our organization, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing online marketing and outreach campaigns. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Location: Applicant may work from home
Hours: Part-time, 15 hours/week
Duration: 6 months (may be extended)
Salary: Hourly, $12.00/hour
Application Deadline: March 20th, 2014
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create, develop and manage content for project’s web presence
- Coordinate partner NGOs across the globe to ensure partners are able to participate in the project
- Attract new partner NGOs to the project
- Maintain and develop social media networks and strategies
- Copyedit and proofread all project content
- Identify future funding sources for the Project
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Track and report on all site metrics
- Work cooperatively with key team members, partners, and funders
- Holds or is working towards a degree in a health, science, or health journalism background
- Ability to work independently and contribute original thoughts and ideas
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with social media networks and campaigns
- Basic knowledge of web development
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
About Visual Epidemiology
Visual Epidemiology is a non-profit media and research company that creates innovative media projects to advance pressing global health issues. The primary goals of Vis Epi are to bring relevant lived experience into academic discourse and make scholarship and findings more accessible to the public through storytelling.
Find out more: http://www.epidemictoemotion.org
About the Story of a Girl Project
The Story of a Girl Project is a never before seen project that explores the HIV epidemic through storytelling. Through both self-filmed, updatable stories and narrative professional filmmaking, the project explores nuance in the epidemic that cannot be found in data, journals, or charts. Find out more: http://www.storyofagirlproject.org